Your support of the library keeps our doors open, our shelves full, and our programming rich. From summer reading programs to adult book groups to knitting circles to our newest teen programs, the Falmouth Memorial Library’s contribution to our town’s intellectual and social life has never been greater. Falmouth’s standard of having the highest per capita use of library services in the state is a credit to our town—our residents read, and our statistics bear that out year after year.
The Next Steps
Thank you for supporting Falmouth Memorial Library with its expansion and renovation goals. We are currently in the Community phase of the capital campaign. Please check here for updates.
The Annual Fund is the Falmouth Memorial Library’s primary fundraising program. Every year, Falmouth residents donate more than $40,000 to the Annual Fund. Gifts may be made in any amount and at any time of year. View and print a pdf of the Annual Fund Form.
Donate On-Line to make Annual Fund donation with a credit card.
Checks can be made out to the Falmouth Memorial Library Association and dropped off or sent to:
Falmouth Memorial Library
5 Lunt Road
Falmouth ME 04105
Families may request that, in lieu of flowers, a donation be made to the Falmouth Memorial Library in memory of a loved one who has passed away. A thank you note is sent to the donor on behalf of the library and the deceased’s family (or designated contact) is sent a letter listing those who have made a memorial donation (although the amount of the gift is kept confidential).
A gift book may be placed in the library in celebration of a special event or day, the birth of a child or perhaps an important anniversary; to recognize the important contribution of a special individual, someone who is retiring or perhaps a leader in a business, civic organization or church; or create a meaningful memorial for a relative or a friend, a way to share their memory with the community.
- Bequests: A bequest provides a gift for the Library in your will.
- Charitable Annuities: An agreement between you and the Library that provides you and your spouse with a regular fixed payment annually for life in exchange for transferring assets to the Library.
- Retirement Assets: By designating the Library as the recipient of any benefits remaining in your retirement plan at the time of your death, you may effectively reduce the taxes on those assets.
- Real Estate: A special arrangement called a retained life estate allows you to make the unique and special gift of your home to the Library at any time without affecting your current lifestyle.
- Life Insurance: You can make the Library the beneficiary of a policy, or, if you choose to change the beneficiary and ownership of an existing policy to the Library you can receive an income tax deduction for the current value or basis of the policy.
Need more information on our planned giving program? We would like the opportunity to meet with you and discuss how you can make a significant difference to our future. Contact Us.