The Falmouth Memorial Library depends on a dedicated group of community volunteers for many day-to-day tasks. For both new and longtime residents of Falmouth, being a volunteer both supports our library and provides an opportunity to interact with the hundreds of people who visit each day. Volunteers are trained for their specific tasks of interest by the library staff.
Here are some of the ways you can assist as a volunteer:
- Shelving books, music and DVDs
- Processing new books
- Maintaining public spaces such as the bulletin boards, magazine exchange, literature racks
- Delivering materials to shut-ins
- Sorting books for the book sales
- Tutoring patrons on the use of the computers
- Calling patrons to pick up their ordered books
- Monitoring books on the shelves, keeping them in alphabetical or numerical order
- Assisting with fundraising events
Volunteers are always needed. Please call the library for more information.
“The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow