Welcome to our revised website. We hope you will find it to be easy to navigate but please contact Jeannie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The library will be closed to the public until further notice to deter the spread of COVID-19.
May 31 Update
To Falmouth Memorial Library Community Members,
Thank you to everyone for your continued support of our Library during this extraordinary time. We understand the need for information and will continue to share what we know about the reopening of the Library at 5 Lunt as we have the details.
What we do know, as of today:
- We expect to start the packing and moving process in the beginning weeks of June. This schedule is contingent upon many factors out of our control, including the delivery and installation of our shelving which is coming from another state under quarantine.
- The delivery is determined by the status of the virus at that time, with the safety of the workers and staff as top priority.
- Library staff continues to work remotely and will continue providing online content such as storytimes and book group meetings up to our currently scheduled moving dates in June.
- We will not open partially, or provide curbside service of lending materials during the month of June. That is not meant to imply any opening date, we only know for certain there will be no library services, partial or otherwise, during the month of June.
- The staff needs to inventory and reshelve the collection of over 50,000 items. We will be following all best practices, including social distancing, during this time and will not be using volunteers to help with this project at this time. Any dates for re-opening, even with partial services, will need to be determined based on the status of the shelving project and any safety impacts of CoVid 19 on our community and staff. At this point in time, there is no date set for reopening the building at 5 Lunt Road, although we are working diligently toward this end.
It is always difficult to deal with the unknown, so we are doing our best to keeping you informed. During this time, be assured, our staff is working to broaden our services and exploring more ways to provide information, reading materials, and programming in a variety of delivery methods. Right now, we are focusing on how to continue to provide library services our community asks for, and has come to expect, in our new normal.
May 1, 2020 An Update from the Library Board of Trustees
To view our virtual programs and times, visit our online calendar.
By registering for a program you will be able to receive information to access it. If you have any questions, please contact:Adult Programsemail@example.com
Youth Programs- Youthservices@falmouthmemoriallibrary.org.