The library is now OPEN – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30 am – 5 pm and on Wednesday from 9:30 am to 7 pm
Our telephone system is not yet operational. To contact us, please email the following:
For reference and technology help: email@example.com
To schedule public access computer time: firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange for Library Takeout services or questions: email@example.com
Other questions about the library: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Takeout So this is how it will work – it’s as easy at 1-2-3…
1) Place a Hold, 2) Wait for a Notice, 3) Pick Up Your Items
Thank you for your patience as we settled back into our new old home at 5 Lunt, and for your grace as we worked through the kinks undertaking a new Library Takeout service. It’s been challenging to handle it all with just one phone line – but it’s been gratifying to get you all your books again! (Full phone service is COMING SOON.)
- We are open M, Tu, Thu, Fri from 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, and Wednesdays 9:30 am – 7:00 pm. We will add Saturdays back as soon as we can ensure appropriate staffing with our new procedures and services.
- Masks– it’s what all the fashionable people are wearing these days, and we will require them inside the building, as well as enforce social distancing and occupancy limits for everyone’s safety.
- Library Takeout continues for those of you still hesitant to come indoors. You can pick up your holds just like normal without an appointment during open hours, just park in the designated spot and call us when you arrive. We expect fewer people outside once we open, so will wait to check out your items to you when you arrive (we’ve been checking them out ahead of time so we can keep up with demand). So it might take a few more seconds while we process and pack up your holds, but the upside is NO MORE APPOINTMENTS.
- We set up a Quick Print station just inside the entrance. Use our laptop or your wireless device to print from the cloud, your email, or a thumb drive – still $.15/page. This is a separate service from the public computers, no appointment needed, and not included in the occupancy limit.
- Sorry – still no meeting spaces yet for reservation or in-person programs until further notice.
- All libraries are quarantining incoming books for at least 3-4 days, and we will back-date check-in for that timeframe. So you won’t notice any immediate check-in on your account, and you may still get a courtesy email saying it’s coming due, but when we do process materials after quarantine, we will check-in for the date you actually returned it. We resumed assessing fines in October, but you will not be fined for the time books are quarantined.
During this pandemic, the decision about whether we are open for browsing or open for Takeout-only each week very much depends on the COVID-19 situation in our community and in our building, so be patient with any service changes. We take these decisions to heart, for the continued good health of our patrons and staff.
We are all very much looking forward to see you all again soon and sharing this incredible community space with you.
To view our virtual programs and times, visit our online calendar.
By registering for a program you will be able to receive information to access it. If you have any questions, please contact:Adult Programsemail@example.com
Youth Programs- Youthservices@falmouthmemoriallibrary.org.