On the eve of Falmouth’s 300th anniversary, we invite you to become part of our town’s history
In 2018, Falmouth will commemorate its 300th anniversary. Chosen for its enviable geography along the coast of Maine, Falmouth quickly attracted new settlers and thriving industries, making it a bustling hub of trade and commerce. That tradition lives on today. Exceptional schools, a convenient commercial district, and protected open spaces continue to attract modern-day settlers looking for a special place to call home. At the center of this vibrant community stands Falmouth Memorial Library, founded to honor those residents who served our country in times of war.
It must be fate that in its 300th year, Falmouth will also unveil its newly expanded and transformed Library. As our quiet, rural community has grown and adapted to the demands of the modern world, so too must our Library. Within the 70 year-old, unassuming structure lives an information gateway and community hub. Yet as demand increases annually, technology advances, circulation rises, and attendance at public programming strains capacity, the Library requires additional space to realize its potential and to meet the needs of the community it serves.
To ensure our Library becomes the pillar our modern and vibrant community needs, we are turning to you–a recognized leader in our community. We invite you to be one of at least 300 individuals who will make up our 1718 Society, dedicating a donation of at least $3,000 to the Next Chapter Capital Campaign in honor of Falmouth’s long history. Your gift of $3,000 may be paid in annual installments of $600 for five years. Like the first 20 families who established Falmouth in 1718, this small group of modern settlers can have an enormous impact on the future of our town. A gift to the 1718 Society will ensure your place in Falmouth’s new history.
Your generous donation will help us realize an open, efficient, flexible Library where all Falmouth residents can gather to learn, share, and connect. There is no other place in Falmouth that provides these opportunities free of charge to all residents. Everyone in our community will benefit from your generosity.
We hope you will consider joining the 1718 Society. These 300 gifts of $3,000 celebrating 300 years will help make Falmouth Memorial Library a cornerstone of our community for future generations.
Allison Bishop, Co-Chair
Amy Kuhn, Co-Chair
Your gift of $3,000 will ensure:
- A beautiful, modern, efficient building
- Open and welcoming sunlit reading areas
- Separate, safe and comfortable children’s programming spaces
- A dedicated teen space
- Increased collection areas to expand our holdings by 30%
- Dedicated meeting rooms and programming spaces
- Expanded staff work areas with improved visibility
- Improved and safer parking and drop-off areas
- Improved energy efficiency and air quality
- Modern technological infrastructure
- Future expansion opportunities
1718 Society Membership Benefits
- Commemorative 1718 Society Library/Membership Card
- Exclusive, behind-the-scenes “First Look” reception prior to public opening in 2018
- Commemorative 1718 Society Tote
- Recognition in all donor acknowledgements