We’re thrilled to introduce Teen Time in the Library! On Wednesdays and Fridays from 2:30-5:00, we’re taking our large Russell Room and making it into a Teen Lounge, a place for local teens to be themselves and have fun. It’s open to grades 6-12, and just in case you’re wondering, during Teen Time:
- Food and Drink are welcome in that part of the library.
- Some new, comfy chairs have been bought just for our teens!
- We have lots of plugs available for laptops, iPods and whatever.
- You can play music or other media to share with your friends.
- It’s your space to spend as you want. Relax, play games, spend time with your friends, study, whatever you like!
- Our librarians are happy to help you find materials for school or personal projects, just ask!
- You can get dropped off by the bus after school!
Teen Time in the Library came about after we visited the local high school and spoke with several classes about what would make a good teen area. While we were there we discovered just how eager many students were for a place to simply spend free time with friends. Well, we knew we could help there, and set about getting new furniture and a few small touches to make our Russell Room feel a little more comfortable.
We hope you enjoy having the space, and please let us know if there are ways we could make it better. This is just the first step we’re taking for Teens, and we’re always happy to hear ways to improve even further in the future!