Welcome to Beauty and the Books
Beauty and the Books, March 5-29, 2018, is a month-long silent auction of art and crafts to benefit Falmouth Memorial Library. Proceeds of the auction will be used to support our programs, collection, and operating expenses at the Library.
We invite local artists and crafters to submit an original piece or pieces of their work. All donated items meeting the submission requirements will be displayed at the Library during the month of March. These items must be the creation of the donor and have a minimum value of $25.00.
Throughout the month, people can view the items and place bids.
On Thursday, March 29, 2017 all items will be displayed in the Russell Room of the Library, from 5:00-7:00 pm. Refreshments will be served as potential buyers submit their final bids. The auction will end at 7:00 pm. You do not need to be present to be the highest bidder and win an item.
Items not receiving a bid will be returned to the donor. All donors whose items are sold will receive a tax letter indicating a description and the donor’s stated value of the item.
Facts for Artists & Crafters
- All items must have been made by the donor. Prints will be accepted if the original work was completed by the donor. The Beauty and the Books Committee reserves the right to refuse an item not deemed to be original work. For example, works such as a purchased chair decoratively painted by the donor will be accepted, but a painted chair purchased by the donor will not. Additionally, notecards made from prints of the donor’s painting will be accepted, but notecards purchased specifically as a donation will not.
- All items must have a minimum value of $25.00.
- All donors are encouraged to put a minimum bid on their donations. Minimum bids can be the cost of materials, a percentage of the actual value or the minimum value the donor thinks the Library should receive for the item. If a minimum bid is not placed, the item will be returned to the donor. If the donor does not place a minimum bid on the donated item, a $10.00 minimum bid will be assigned the item.
- On the Donor Reply Form, please include a detailed description of the item. The information on this form is used to develop the description that is included in the bid book. The more detailed the description, the better the write-up will be.
- Once donated, all items are the property of Falmouth Memorial Library until the final bidding at the finale or no minimum bid is received.
- All donors are welcomed to attend the finale on March 29, 2018.
- All money raised supports the daily operation of Falmouth Memorial Library.
- If you have additional questions, please contact us at 781-2351 or at email@example.com
We deeply appreciate your generous support of Beauty and the Books and Falmouth Memorial Library.