Kids & Teens
Youth Services Virtual Programming
We’re pleased to bring children’s programs back to you in a new online format. Mr. Will and Ms. Larisa will be bringing stories, songs, crafts, (and maybe even bubbles!) to you online. Please watch our videos on Facebook. Here is the planned schedule:
- Toddler Storytime Video with Ms. Larisa – Posted 10:00 am
- Storybook Short Video with Ms. Larisa Posted at 10:00 am
- Storytime Short Video with Mr. Will – Posted 10:00 am
- You Choose Storytime with Mr. Will – Posted 2:00 pm Join us as Mr. Will reads a You Choose book full of branching adventures, and post what choice you’d make in the comments. Mr. Will will take your choices (and his own) and pick one at random out of a hat to continue with the next Storytime. Keep tuning in to see what happens next!
- Storytime Short Video with Ms. Larisa – Posted at 10:00 am
- Pre-School Storytime Video with Mr. Will – Posted at 10:00 am
- You Choose Storytime with Mr. Will – Posted 2:00 pm
- ZOOM Live Singalong with Mr. Will and Ms. Larisa, link goes out at 10:00 am
- A Craft Video by Ms. Larisa will be posted on Fridays.
- Singalong Video with Mr. Will – Posted at 10:00 am
- You Choose Storytime with Mr. Will – Posted at 2:00 pm
Great Reads for Kids!
- Falmouth Elementary Mock Newbery Awards: Books read and voted upon by Falmouth Students following the tradition of the Newbery Awards.
- Maine Lupine Award: recognizes an outstanding contribution to children’s literature of Maine.
- Maine Student Book Award: outstanding children’s books chosen by Maine students.
- The Katahdin Award is a lifetime achievement award given to recognize an outstanding body of work of children’s literature in Maine by one author or illustrator.
- The Chickadee Award program is a new picture book award program for children in kindergarten through fourth grade. This award will be given annually to one of ten picture books nominated by a committee of teachers, librarians, and early literacy professionals. Each year the books are chosen from those published in the previous year and are selected because they present a solid original story and artwork that enrich and support the text.
- The Newbery Award: awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- Caldecott Award : awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Michael L. Printz Award for Young Adult Literature
- More Children’s Book Awards