In-Person Help | Online Tutorials | eBooks | Tech Tips
Book A Librarian:
- Do you want to know more about your new computer/tablet/eReader
- Do you want to set up an email account, or feel more comfortable surfing the web?
- And what about downloading audiobooks and eBooks? Call 781-2351 or email Mike Carnes, the Reference and Technology librarian, at email@example.com to set up a half hour appointment on the technology topic of your choosing.
Drop-in Technology Help:
- Tuesdays from 3:30 – 4:30
Members of the Falmouth High School Technology Team are at the library each Tuesday afternoon, happy to help with any technology issue.
Falmouth iPad Users Group – The FliPads
Third Wednesday of the month from 3:00 – 4:00pm
Mike Carnes presents a new topic each month, with time for Q&A
These sites offer a wide array of free tutorials covering basic computer functions, email, Microsoft Office and Google programs, and social media like Facebook and Twitter:
Basic computer, internet and email instruction:
Popular Software Tutorials, including Adobe, Microsoft Office, and Windows and Mac operating systems:
- Learning Express (Access via Digital Maine Library and use your library card to log in from home)
- Lynda.com – The Maine State Library is currently offering a “2 week Access E-Pass” to the Lynda.com Online Training Library of over 2,500 video courses covering software, design, business skills and more.
Falmouth Memorial Library, along with other Maine libraries, offers downloadable books through the Maine InfoNet Download Library, a state-wide collection of thousands of ebooks and audiobooks to borrow and download to your computer, tablet, phone, or eReader device. A variety of best-selling fiction, nonfiction, young adult and children’s books are available. Anyone with a valid library card from a participating library can download materials free of charge. You may borrow three items at a time, and set a lending period of either one or two weeks. (Full lending policies)
Use the following help pages and videos to learn more about installing Cloud Library apps and software, and downloading books. If you prefer to have a librarian help you get started, please contact Mike Carnes at 781-2351 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment for one-on-one instruction.
Need more help? Contact Overdrive Frontline Tech Support.
Check out the many free ebooks that are available all the time because they are in the public domain (out of copyright) or otherwise accessible license-free.
- Access Consumer Reports online – free with your library card!