Weekly Children’s Programs
- Preschool Story-time (Recommended ages 3-5): Mondays at 10:30am, Thursdays at 10:00am
- Toddler Story-Time (Recommended ages 2-4): Mondays at 10:00, Wednesdays at 11:15/
- Books with Babies Sing-along (Recommended for birth to age 3): Thursdays at 4:00pm, Fridays at 10:00am, and Saturdays at 10:00am.
- Babydoll Storytime– Babydoll or stuffed animal activities and songs. Wednesdays at 11:15.
- Friday Fun – A mix of crafts, games, legos and fun activities in our Russell Room from 3:45-4:45 on Fridays.
- Art Time for Kids – Different creative activities on Saturday Afternoons at 2:00.
To see this month’s calendar of Youth Events, please click on the blue button to the right. You can register there for any of the events described below!
- Canine Reading Buddies: Join us to meet one of our friendly, well trained Canine Reading Buddies. These are trained Therapy Dogs who love meeting new people and listening to stories. They make an excellent audience for budding readers.
- Fan Letter Storytimes – Do you have a favorite children’s Author? Well join us for a Fan Letter Storytime to experience great stories, and to get a chance to write to your favorite Authors. The Library will help get your child’s letters or drawings to their favorite children’s author and make them more than a name on a book cover!
Children’s Collection Case
Our Collection case is currently unavailable as we prepare for the move to a temporary space. We’ll be starting up our collection space just as soon as we we can, so watch for your chance to show off a cool collection!.
Great Reads for Kids!
- Falmouth Elementary Mock Newbery Awards: Books read and voted upon by Falmouth Students following the tradition of the Newbery Awards.
- Maine Lupine Award: recognizes an outstanding contribution to children’s literature of Maine.
- Maine Student Book Award: outstanding children’s books chosen by Maine students.
- The Katahdin Award is a lifetime achievement award given to recognize an outstanding body of work of children’s literature in Maine by one author or illustrator.
- The Chickadee Award program is a new picture book award program for children in kindergarten through fourth grade. This award will be given annually to one of ten picture books nominated by a committee of teachers, librarians, and early literacy professionals. Each year the books are chosen from those published in the previous year and are selected because they present a solid original story and artwork that enrich and support the text.
- The Newbery Award: awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- Caldecott Award : awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Michael L. Printz Award for Young Adult Literature
- More Children’s Book Awards