A valid library card must be presented in order to borrow materials, place holds, or check status.
- All materials (except videos and DVDs) may be renewed for two weeks provided they are not on reserve to another patron. Videos and DVDs may be renewed for one week, provided they are not on reserve to another patron. Renewals may be made by phone, in person, or online. Please note that the loan and renewal periods for interlibrary loan materials varies.
- In order to serve everyone in the most equitable manner, the library may limit the number of items checked out from any one particular area.
- Patrons will have their borrowing privileges suspended if any of the following apply:
- They have been billed for items not returned or damaged and have not settled their account.
- They have items that are more than two weeks overdue.
- They have a DVD or video 5+ days overdue (thus $5 fine when it’s assessed).
- They have fines of more than $5.00.
Note: Under special circumstances staff may use their discretion to override any of these items.
Books, CDs, Audiobooks 3 WEEKS
Magazines, Videos, DVDs 1 WEEK
Videos & DVDs $1.00 per day with a maximum of $5.00 per item.
All other items $.10 per day with a maximum of $5.00 per item.
Fines up to $2.00 will be waived for volunteers.
If an item is lost or damaged, the person who checked the item out will be charged for it. The charge will be the price listed in the item record. In instances where the price is not listed, the library will consult the following table:
General Charges for Lost and Damaged Items
Hardcover Adult Books $25.00
Hardcover Children’s Books $15.00
Mass Market Paperbacks $5.00
Trade Paperbacks $15.00
Music CDs (single/double) $15.00 / $20.00
Audiobook Tape/CD (single replacement) $10.00
Video (single) $20.00
DVD (single) $20.00
Cases & Boxes:
DVD or Video Case (single / double) $2.00 / $3.00
Music CD Jewel Case (single / double) $1.00 / $2.00
Case holding more than 2 CDs $5.00
Printed sleeve $5.00
Jr. Audiobook Bag $1.00
Clear Plastic Book Cover $1.00
AudioBook Case $5.00
- A charge paid for a lost item may be refunded if the item is found and returned in good condition within 3 months of it being declared “lost.”
- If an item has been damaged but may be repaired and put back into circulation, a lesser charge may be assessed at the discretion of the librarian.
Revised & adopted 7/14/2010, 12/5/2011