How do I get a Library card?
Falmouth Memorial Library Cards During Quarantine
Falmouth residents are able to obtain a library card free of charge. Do you have your card yet? If not, we can help. During this closure, the Library is allowing new cards to be given via telephone or email to provide access to digital materials. Already a card holder, but having problems online? Please contact Virginia at (207) 781-2351 or email@example.com.
Patron cards are issued free of charge to:
· Falmouth residents including children (under 18) whose parents will take responsibility for items they borrow
· non-resident educators of the Falmouth School Department or the Governor Baxter School for the Deaf
· non-resident students of Falmouth School Department and of the Governor Baxter School for the Deaf
· non-residents who own property in Falmouth and pay property tax
· employees of the Town of Falmouth
· owners and employees of Falmouth businesses
· Residents of senior housing facilities located in Falmouth
· Employees of registered child care facilities located in Falmouth
· Honorary members at the discretion of the Library Director
If you are not eligible for a free card, we invite you to purchase a membership for an annual fee of $40. Please apply in person and bring a driver’s license (or other photo ID) with your current address information. In the event of a recent move, a photo ID along with a current utility bill to the correct address may be used. Anyone under 18 years of age needs to have a parent or legal guardian’s signature.
It is important that you bring your card with you every time you wish to check out library materials. You are responsible for all items checked out on your account including all charges for overdue fines and damage to or loss of library items. Lost library cards may be replaced for $2.
Important Note to All Card Holders
The Falmouth Memorial Library protects the privacy of ALL its patrons, regardless of age or relationship to other library patrons. This means the appropriate library card number must be presented in order to check out or to pick up items on hold. We HIGHLY recommend that parents keep a copy of their children’s library cards (or card numbers) with their own personal card. Without the card number, we cannot reveal any information about the account to you, regardless of the age of the child. Be certain to provide your card or card number to any individual picking up items on your behalf, regardless of their relationship to you or the Library.